Have you ever considered that the tests and interviews carried out by SMEs, recruitment agencies, public administrations and universities could favour men rather than women?
How and at which level this phenomenon has an impact on the women’s access to the labour market and more in general on the discrimination gender-based?
The project GeNeus aims at analysing these phenomena and at addressing them, by proposing a new approach to fill the gap between the sexes in the selection and evaluation’s processes, by a gender-neutral approach.
The first project’s phase is almost completed: the partners have elaborated a research in Austria, Bulgaria, Portugal, Spain and Italy, interviewing representatives of SMEs, recruitment centres, public administrations and universities, to analyse how the selection of the employees take place in that countries with a specific focus on different professional and economic sectors.
The project’s partners met in Matosinhos (Portugal) on 18 and 19 of April to analyse the outcomes of the research, to compare them and to establish a common plan for the development of the next outputs, mainly:
- A Set of gender Neutral selection tools and test
- Guide on Implementation of Selection Tools and Test
During the next months we will be working on the elaboration of these tools and test, to enhance a neutral approach for the labour market, promoting equal opportunities of both genders in educational and professional access to jobs and education.
GeNeus – Gender Neutral Tools and Test for Selection Processes has a duration of 24 months and it is funded by Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training.
- Generic report on national testing processes
- A Set of selection tools and a gender-neutral test
- Guide on Implementation of Selection Tools and Test on how to implement and conduct above mentioned tools and test in the right way
- Set of Application of Gender Neutral Selection Tools and Test for SMEs
- Set of Application of Gender Neutral Selection Tools and Test for Public Administration
- Set of Application of Gender Neutral Selection Tools and Test for Post-Secondary Professional Education
The partnership is composed by 6 organisations:
- Frauen im Brennpunkt (Austria, Coordinator);
- Bimec Ltd. (Bulgaria);
- Inova+ (Portugal);
- Servicio Regional de Empleo y Formacion de la Region de Murcia (Spain);
- Instituto Politécnico do Porto (Portugal);
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy).